March 29, 2016 – The Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) System is an important part of any establishment as it is mainly responsible for making the living environment habitably comfortable for the people staying inside. For example, in a business establishment, the HVAC system can help make the offices and working areas livable and comfortable for the employees and workers to function well. In a household, the same application goes as the HVAC system is responsible for helping you feel as comfortable in your own household as you can be. For this reason, many people invest on maintaining their HVAC systems that is why a career in HVAC can be lucrative.
If you’re planning to become an HVAC technician, you would have to enroll yourself in HVAC schools or courses where you’ll learn about HVAC repair, maintenance, and upgrades among many others. But even if you’re just a student, you would also be required by the school to possess the basic tools needed for HVAC. These tools go as follows:
- Safety Glasses. It is obvious why such an item is needed. You need to safety glasses to protect your eyes from certain particles that might irritate or even damage it. When you go out looking for glasses, make sure you consider the lens coating and color and the different categorization of safety glasses.
- Work Gloves. Work gloves protect your hands during risky applications like sheet metal duct installation.
- Digital Thermometer. This tool is both needed in school and while you’re on the actual job. There are many different types and brands. Make sure to find one that you’re comfortable using.
- Screwdrivers (Flatheads and Phillips). Every HVAC school would require this but it is up to you if you would like to buy a set or not.
- This is also another tool that is required by schools. Some schools would require all needle nose pliers, lineman’s pliers, and tongue-and-groove pliers.
- It’s up to the school to decide which type (volt, Ohm, amp meter, or combinations) of voltmeter they would require.
- Wrenches (combination set or crescent). These tools are important in HVAC applications and are deemed a necessity. All schools would require you to possess a wrench as it is needed to turn or adjust an object such as a nut or bolt.